Methodist Homes for the Aged
Methodist Homes for the Aged was established as a welfare organisation in 1970 and is incorporated as a charity. As such, it is well placed in its endeavors to provide accommodation and other facilities and services, specifically for the elderly, at the least possible cost. MHA is controlled by a board of directors comprising prominent professional and business people who give freely of their time.
Our Vision is to be a successful caring organisation providing a balanced range of accommodation, services and opportunities for the elderly. Our Mission is to provide affordable, secure and caring accommodation and services to the elderly.
Our Values are:
- A commitment to caring for the aged by providing cost effective, excellent and efficient service which will result in satisfaction.
- To deal with all residents, their families, members of the public, and our colleagues with dignity, sincerity, respect, transparency and compassion.
- A participative style of management where all employees individually and collectively work responsibly and unselfishly with integrity to achieve the mission and objectives of MHA.
Methodist Homes for the Aged provides security, care, nursing and other services to more than 3000 elderly people regardless of their religious affiliation. There are about 1800 residents at our 13 villages
and homes. The residential accommodation is made up of Privately Funded Units (PFU's) which are occupied on the basis of life rights for which residents pay an initial financial contribution and thereafter a monthly levy. In addition there are rented rooms and flats at most villages. Eight of the homes have residential care sections which provide 24-hour nursing care.
All residents have access to nursing care facilities, either where they reside or nearby MHA homes. Support care is also available to residents in their cottages and flats, and our frail care sections are controlled by qualified nursing personnel with extensive experience in geriatric nursing.
Homes within the Methodist Homes for the Aged organisation:
- Arbor Village, Bedfordview http://www.mha.co.za/arbor_mha.php
- Eddy House, Benoni http://www.mha.co.za/eddyhouse_mha.php
- Elandshaven Retirement Village, Klerksdorp http://www.mha.co.za/elandshaven_mha.php
- Eventide, Klerksdorp http://www.mha.co.za/eventide_mha.php
- Fairleads Retirement Village, Benoni http://www.mha.co.za/fairleads_mha.php
- Garden Village, Randburg www.mha.co.za/gardenvillage_mha.php
- Kendrick House, Cape Town
- Prim Villa, Germiston http://www.mha.co.za/primvilla_mha.php
- Queenswood Home, Pretoria http://www.mha.co.za/queenswood_mha.php
- Ridgeview Village, Boksburg http://www.mha.co.za/ridgeview_mha.php
- Rose Village, Roosevelt Park http://www.mha.co.za/rosevillage_mha.php
- Samuel Broadbent House, Potchefstroom http://www.mha.co.za/samuelbroadbent_mha.php
- Summerfield Park, Johannesburg North http://www.seniorservice.co.za/orealty/index.php?action=listingview&listingID=23121&printer_friendly=yes
- Summit Village, Roodepoort http://www.mha.co.za/summitvillage_mha.php
- Springs retirement Village http://www.mha.co.za/springs-retirement-village_mha.php